Landlords may take on a higher amount of risk when renting to someone that doesn't meet all of their screening criteria. Beyond Backgrounds helps reduce this risk.
When you rent to someone with access to the Beyond Backgrounds risk reduction fund, you have access to up to $2,000 of financial protection in the following circumstances:
- Damage to the unit beyond what the security deposit covers.
- Unpaid rent at the end of the lease term beyond what is covered by the security deposit.
- Court filing fees if an eviction is pursued beyond what is covered by the security deposit.
- Other unfortunate circumstances beyond what is covered by the security deposit.
To ensure success, each participating renter receives case management support. Also, many will have housing assistance that helps make their housing more affordable. This program exists so both landlords and renters can move beyond the background issues that prevent people from finding stable, safe and affordable housing.
What areas does Beyond Backgrounds Cover?
The counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Scott and Washington.
How Can a Landlord Participate?
- Show willingness to rent to someone who may not meet your initial screening criteria for renters participating in Beyond Backgrounds.
- Have a 12 month lease signed by you and the renter.
- Complete a move-in/move-out inspection form signed by you and the renter.
- Complete the Beyond Backgrounds form and have you and the renter sign it. We will provide you with the form.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Thanks for your participation and support!