Bloomington Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) welcomes families of 3-6 members to apply for the Rental Homes for Future Home Buyers Program waiting list. Eligible families will rent one of the HRA’s 21- three-bedroom single-family homes for a maximum of five years. During that 5 years, the HRA works with families to set goals and prepares families to be ready to purchase and maintain their own home. The HRA saves a portion of the families rent each month, which is placed in escrow, and is used by the family to put toward a down payment on a house anywhere they want to live.
To qualify for this program you must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 3 but no more than 6 household members.
- Must earn $2,500.00/month or $30,000.00/year. (See maximums below.)
- Have the ability to pay at least $1,000/month in rent and utilities without assistance (rent may be higher depending on your income).
- All household members must have eligible citizenship or immigration status.
- All applicants are subject to background checks in criminal, credit and rental history.
- No pets allowed.
- Not exceed the maximum household gross income requirements:
Maximum Household Gross Income Allowed
3 Person Household - $67,950/year
4 Person Household - $75,500/year
5 Person Household - $81,550/year
6 Person Household - $87,600/year
How to Apply
Complete this application and mail it to the City of Bloomington Housing & Redevelopment Authority: 1800 West Old Shakopee Road, Bloomington, MN 55431. You may also fax it to 952-563-4977.