The Bloomington Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) will accept online applications
for its Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Project-Based Voucher waiting list lotteries beginning at 8:00 A.M. on Monday, November 5, 2018, until 4:30 P.M. on Friday, November 9, 2018.
Apply online here
Who can apply?
Applicants must have an annual gross income that is BELOW the income limits for their household size.
Waiting List Placement & Preference
- 1 person household: $33,050
- 2 person household: $37,750
- 3 person household: $42,450
- 4 person household: $47,150
- 5 person household: $50,950
- 6 person household: $54,700
- 7 person household: $58,500
- 8 person household: $62,250
The HRA will conduct a lottery of all eligible applicants and select 1,500 applicants for placement on the HCV waiting list and 700 applicants for placement on the PBV list. 50% of the applicants selected will meet Bloomington HRA preference requirements.
Applicants who qualify for this local Bloomington preference must
1) Live, work, or be hired to work in Bloomington;
2) Be enrolled in a recognized training and counseling program in Bloomington;
3) Be enrolled a recognized Bloomington school and enrolled in at least one class with lab or two classes per quarter or semester; or
4) Be a disabled applicant who utilizes established service providers located within the City of Bloomington.
You can check your status on the lists by going to www.waitlistcheck.com. If it shows you as active, then you made it through the lottery and are on the list. If you are shown as inactive, you are not on the waiting list.
Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
Participants of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program pay approximately 30% of their monthly adjusted income towards the rent and utilities of an eligible rental unit in the private market. The HCV program pays the difference to the landlord each month.
Project Based Voucher
Participants of the Project Based Voucher (PBV) program pay 30% of their monthly adjusted income towards the rent and utilities for a 3 bedroom home owned by the HRA, but the assistance is tied to the unit. Participants with 5-6 people in their household are eligible for this program.